Thursday, April 22, 2010

So Much for Commitment...



Alright, internet. You got me. I didn't even make it one day without breaking my "cake-a-day" promise! Let me explain, though...I really do have a valid excuse. Perhaps, in time, you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

A couple of months ago, my boyfriend damaged his knee skiing. Actually, it wasn't so much the skiing that damaged his knee- it was really the falling that did it. Either way, he seemed to be recovering well until Tuesday night, when he fell on the stairs. I rushed (at some 80 miles an hour or so) over to his place and spent the night so he didn't have to get up and walk if he needed anything. Frankly, I know he's an adult, and he likely would have been fine without me; but, it wasn't a big deal at all for me to go over there, and, if it saved him some pain and annoyance, it was well worth it. I'm not just saying that because I know he's liable to read this. He's truly a good human being, and I'm lucky to have him in my life. If I can do something to make his life a little easier or better, I'll do it.

Wow, that's corny. It would seem that when I make the effort to express myself in a non-sarcastic, genuine manner, I simply come out sappy. I have two settings: "biting sarcasm" and "bad 'Lifetime Original Movie'". Well, that second one is redundant. "Lifetime Original Movie" would have sufficiently implied "bad".

Anyway, here are two cakes to make up for my terrible indiscretion. Also, it does occur to me that there is tremendous irony in having the headline "So Much for Commitment..." right next to a wedding cake, but it makes me giggle, so I'm leaving it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment