Thursday, May 6, 2010

In Other News...


...I've managed to give myself a "grade 2 ankle strain", meaning that I've torn some of my muscle tissue. I'd love to claim that I did this via some spectacular display of stunningly limited athletic prowess, or that the injury is resultant from a terrifying [insert vicious animal] attack, but, alas, I just fell. I didn't even fall for any particularly good reason- it was rainy, and I slipped. Now, I'm off my feet and out of the kitchen.

On Tuesday, my boyfriend came over, and when he showed up, he was wearing his "Award Winning Panda Sandwich" t-shirt. Here's a little exposition about this t-shirt, internet:

Rob and I both really like to use StumbleUpon. The other week, we were "stumbling", when we came across the "Random Nonsense Generator" (http://pages.prodigy.net/jschla/random.htm). All this site does is give you sentences like, "The demonic puppeteer graciously heralded the arrival of the squishy bowl of blood pudding." when you press a button. It's delightful. Anyway, we were given, "The boyishly cute mind reader defiantly sprinkled pixie dust on the award-winning panda sandwich." Having decided that "award winning panda sandwich" had to be the best combination of words in the English language, I set out to make t-shirts. Really, it was the only logical thing to do. I honestly never thought that Rob would ever wear said t-shirt, but I was thrilled that he did. Sadly, I took the Sharpie promise of indelibility a little too seriously, and washed the t-shirt. Post-laundry cycle, it's the AWWEFSD PAERGD t-shirt, with a [now inexplicable] panda on a bun.

To commemorate the loss of this great work of art, today's cake is a panda cupcake. R.I.P., "Award Winning Panda Sandwich" t-shirt...

No comments:

Post a Comment